Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ok, all these pictures are out of order and I didn't want to take the time to move them around to make it right.


Our family has really been bitten by the racing bug. Jason has the biggest bite. He is constantly looking for the next race and is very successful with them. Success being that he beats his last time and is

having a blast. The pictures you will see here are of the Rhythm Run put on by the Midway Choir in Waco. It was at a park down by Lake Waco. I didn't do this race, so I watched the kids while Jason, Dad, and Cailyn ran. Yep, I said Cailyn. This marked her first official race. She did a 1K and came in 3rd place. She was the first girl to cross the finish line, but she was the only girl in the race. We were very proud of her and she is ready for the next one.

Jason had his game face on and was the overall winner, running the 5K in 20.29. We were impressed. He is working hard to be able to beat that next time.

Dad did the race also(he calls it the walk/waddle). He did a great job, also beating his previous times. He did a running finish. We were very proud of him. His doctor was running the race also and mentioned how proud he was of him also.

All the kids have a hard time waiting for the runners to finish. There was a pretty little park for the kids to play and that made it a bit easier. They didn't have to wait long for Daddy to cross the line though, so I was pretty happy.


The week prior to this race was the Bearathon put on by Baylor. They have a 5K race and a half-marathon. Last year I was signed up for the 5K(and not ready for it, which worked out because it was rained out) and this year I signed up for the half-marathon(and wasn't quite ready for it). Jason signed up for it with me. He did an ultra-marathon(trail racing) the week prior to that, so a measly 13.1 miles was nothing for him. He was just jogging along enjoying himself the entire time. Making me disgusted as him the entire time too, but I digress. This was the first time I had run more than 7 miles at a time, so I was nervous. However I did it, finishing it in a little less than 2 and half hours. I hope to SOMEDAY do it faster than that, but for now and just proud of myself for finishing it. And even though I was jealous of Jason's ability to just happily jog the entire thing, I was very, VERY glad he ran it with me. While most of the time Jason is pretty quiet and doesn't really talk much, he is quite the chatter box when running. So, we were able to have many conversations during the run. This was good for 2 main reasons. #1 It kept my mind off the race and how much I wanted to stop. #2 I was able to hear Jason's opinion about a lot of things. Most of the time, I just do the talking and get one word answers, if any. So this was good news.

Here is a link to a picture of Jason and me finishing the race.



The girls played so well together that morning.


Jessica loved to run around in that field.


Like father, like daughter. Always climbing.


Their smiles say it all.


Nature exploration.


But Mom, it's Saturday. Daddy is supposed to be playing with me.


Just chillin'.


Our speedy guys.


Go Da, Go!


First place baby!


Nice, fast walking.


Jason getting ready to smoke all the other runners.


Our runners getting ready for the race.


Signing up for the race.


Our sweet little runner.


On your mark, get set, go!

The boy in black was the winner.


Beautiful game face.


We are proud of our runners.

3 comments:

Tia Wray said...

you guys are awesome...I have to say...David's pouty face is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Kathryn Cooper said...

Good running! Go Brother Gropp! =)

My blog is going private this week! Check my blog to find out how to keep access. If you've already sent me your email thanks! I'm send this message to everyone on my google reader.

Jenny and Travis said...

Great job to all of you, especially you Mindi--doing your first half marathon, WHILE pregnant even! Very impressive! That's neat that Jason talks more when running. I'll have to see if that trick works for Travis as well. ;)