Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy 10th Anniversary

Apparently it has been long enough since my last post that I don't understand Blogger anymore.  Before I had to upload my pictures in opposite order for them to be up correct, but not anymore.  So, with that said, this entire post is backwards and I am too lazy to switch it, sorry!

What you see here it my baby and me being reunited after a week long of not seeing each other.  Not sure which one of us is more happy.

 The last week of March Jason and I headed out of town(check that--country) to celebrate our 10th Anniversary.  Jason surprised me with this vacation.  He wanted to wait til the week of, but since I am a breast-feeding mommy, I needed to help him prepare for it.  He even worked it out for his parents to come watch the kids for us.  They were AWESOME!  Thank you, Lita and Papa!!!!

 That is my Jessica running out to greet us.

Our cruise left from Galveston and had 2 stops: Progresso and Cozumel.  We told ourselves that we were going to try something out of the ordinary to eat and I think that the wierdest thing we had were frog legs.  And yes, they taste like chicken.  We had street tacos in Cozumel, horchata in both towns in Mexico, and bargained for merchandise.  It was a great trip and are planning to do an Alaskan cruise next.
 Saturday before we left for our cruise, Jason and I ran in a half marathon.  We didn't really want to go an entire week without running, so we got up early and ran several days that week.  It was amazing to run with such a beautiful view of the sunrise.  Definitely a memorable experience.  
(confession: I haven't run since then)
 This is the main deck in the morning just after our run, so no one was there.  
 One of the pools and the 2 hot tubs.  Our second night we decided to go sit in the hot tub and ended up sharing our testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  After defending our Faith for about 30-45 minutes with a bunch of drunk people we found out that a guy in the other hot tub was LDS also and we chatted with him for a while too.   
 This is us passing the cruise ship on a smaller boat coming back from snorkeling in Cozumel, Mexico.  If you haven't had the chance to snorkel, DO IT.  It was probably our favorite part of the trip.  Sooooo fun!
 Our first stop was Progresso, Mexico.  We decided to do an excursion to some ruins and then to Merida.  We got to swim in this very refreshing cenote(pond fed by an underground river).  It was a great experience.

 This guy came into our bus as we were waiting to leave for the tour.  He was pretty good!
 I know this is 'old hat' for some of you, but it was too cool to see the towel animals waiting for us after dinner.  It was always exciting coming back to our cabin to see what animal would be sitting there to greet us.  We had this cute elephant, a pig, and a cat(we think).
 In true Jason and Mindi style I forgot my make-up and had to buy some on the way & our car broke down on the way there.  We borrowed Dad's car because we weren't sure that Jason's would get us there, well I guess we were just destined to have a break down.  
 We were only 10 miles out of Galveston, so luckily the cab wasn't too expensive.  We were supposed to be at the dock by 2:30 and left early enough to get there by 1:00.  Good for us because it always takes what seems like FOREVER for the tow trucks to get there and then we had to wait for the cab too(he got lost on the way to the mechanics garage).  Jason called the cruise line and they gave us comfort that we could get there in enough time for the departure. Not that I recommend anyone purposefully be late for a cruise, but I think it turned out great because we got there in time and didn't have to wait in any lines.  SCORE!
Jason did a great job of being patient and upbeat while in adversity.  Isn't his smile so cute?

We had a great time and are happy to still be IN LOVE after 10 years of marriage and 4 kids.  I love you Jason, you are an amazing husband, father, and best friend!

1 comment:

Julie Gropp said...

looks like you had a great (and adventuresome) trip.