Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

Today is Jessica's 2nd birthday. She has decided that she doesn't need naps anymore, but everyday I don't put her down for a nap she ends up passing out somewhere before bed time. Tonight she decided she wasn't hungry for dinner and just went to bed. Normally I would have just let her stay there, but today is her birthday and we had everything ready for her celebration. So I went in to get her; I guess she wasn't too happy about it. Oh well, she warmed up to it by the end of the evening.

This is actually how we got her to calm down. Daddy was holding her and told her to eat the cake. She kept leaning down to bite into it and then looking up at him and making sure she understood him correctly. She LOVED this; do I see a family tradition starting?).
Jessica has always been my emotional child. She has extremes and very little middle ground. Her smile and giggles are completely contagious. She expresses herself very well for a 2-year old. She adds new words everyday and is using the potty chair regularly(she prefers it over her diaper, however, she doesn't have complete control yet).

Some of her favorite things to do are:
dress up
dance
sing
read books
watch movies
jump on the bed
color
tickle
blow on faces
Here are a couple of pictures of Jess when she was about 6 months old.
Hair does wonders for her, don't you think?



Happy 2nd Birthday Jessica, We love you!!!!!

4 comments:

Waco Gropp said...

Jason and Mindi,
your children are beautiful and so are you. I wish I had been there for Jessica birthday. she is a wonder.

David and Anita Holloway said...

Happy Birthday Jessica!
We've called but we can't seem to reach you guys. Hope you're having fun somewhere! Thanks for sharing birthday events. Fun times!!! We sure miss y'all!!!
Love, Lita

Cassie and Mark said...

Cute pictures and funny video. It was so good to see you and the kiddos Mindi!

Lacy said...

that's so funny!
I could only giggle through the whole thing and then felt bad because she was crying and I was laughing. I'm sure she felt some burthday love anyway. I'm emotional too Jessica, we can be buddies!

your son is beautiful!