Thursday, November 8, 2007

Molly Mormon in training

I don't know why, but I have this urge to become "Molly Mormon"all of a sudden. Maybe its because I am a stay at home mom now. I don't think that role even remotely fits me(or ever will), but I feel like it is something I should at least try to be. But, I can't bake my own bread, make my children's clothes, plant a flower/vegetable garden(much less keep it alive), or even decorate a simple birthday cake. I know that there is more than one mold for a mother, but it frustrates me that I can't do hardly anything that would qualify as a "Molly Mormon" characteristic. Deep down I know that all of that stuff is just frills to the real qualities in a mom, but I pray that I will eventually be able to pass something on to my girls that will help them be a great homemaker.


On to happier things to change the tone of this post. Here are some of my latest favorite pictures my angels. Most of them are Jessica, but I figure we need to catch her up to Cailyn. I hope you enjoy them.




3 comments:

Julie Gropp said...

Being a stay at home mom is not about doing everything perfect all the time. If it was I would have given up a long time ago. For me it is mostly about being here when the kids need me and listening to whats going on with each of them. So when the house is a mess and I am about to lose my mind I can atleast know that I am where I am supposed to be (for me).

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will do fine! You're lucky you don't have a mother-in-law there to impress, lol. I love my mother-in-law, so don't get me wrong. She is the Molly Mormon lady! I wish I could be more like her and do all the stuff she can, I'm working on it. I agree with Julie, though, just be there for your kids and do what you can, you don't have to do it all right now, your kids are young and they need a lot of your time. Enjoy it :)

Rachel Holloway said...

I had no idea you felt this way! I absolutley would have pointed you out as BEING the perfect mom! You do so many things so well. I am in awe at how musically talented you are. And you are great with the kids! The fact that you WANT to be home with them is a testament that you really have the right heart and are in the right place, and really I think you are doing AWESOME!

I can relate with feeling inadequate though...I think most moms do. I read a quote the other day (very paraphrased) that basically said Don't be jealous of others--you have things they don't--you just don't see yours as prominent. If I run accross it again, I will forward it. I butched it badly--but the concept was right.

You are doing great!