Thursday, November 6, 2008

Doughnuts and a Turkey

It was another 6:00 morning for us. So, I sent Jason in to watch He-man with his daughters while I made some homemade doughnuts. Cailyn threw a fit because she couldn't eat them in the TV room and Jason is not a breakfast eater,so Jessica and I ended up being the only ones to eat this morning. Jason did eat half of a doughnut(thank you for trying Jason!).









Then when the kitchen was clean Jessica went down for her nap Cailyn and I started a craft. It was so much fun. I really want Cailyn to know the reason behind Holidays so we made a paper turkey with the exact number of feathers for days left until Thanksgiving. Our plan is to take a feather off each day and write something we are thankful for on it. Hopefully it will teach her a little about why we celebrate Thanksgiving.





I had high hopes for this afternoon, but as it turned out we only had time to visit a Sister in our Branch to return her pan. My original plan was to go to the park afterwards and take some pictures, but children force us to be flexible in our planning. Instead we came home, ate a really late lunch and had an even later nap(which only lasted about 45 minutes). So we are tired and ready for bed already at 6:00 again. How do I stop this cycle?

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Mindi--you know if I were there, we would have indulged and eaten all those donuts together. Sounds amazing! What's up with these party pooper husbands we have who don't like breakfast? Not getting it... :)

Wish i could help with the time change. My kids really actually did okay this time around. I suppose the Lord took mercy on me because the others have all been pure....well....you know. :) GOOD LUCK!

Tonia Bell said...

That turkey is such a good idea!! I might have to try that with my kids.

Cassie and Mark said...

Yummy! I would have helped you eat those delicious doughnuts! Cute turkey!

Lacy said...

I love the turkey idea. When I firstt read the titile I of course was picturing eating doughnuts and turkey together. I thought, hmm, interesting combination.