Friday, March 27, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

It has been entirely too long since I last posted. However, I think it is safe to say that I have a good excuse(or 3). Truth is that I have been enjoying the time home with Jason and dreading the day he goes back to work(this coming Monday). I have tons of pictures to post and will do that when we get back and I force myself to do it. But I will leave you all with a little taste of the past couple of weeks.

We have blessed Baby David, then enjoyed a tasty meal with some family. Thank you for all who came to share in that joyous event.

We have had a wonderful trip to Waco to spend some time with my Dad and siblings(we missed you Jim), and took some pictures with all the grand kids who were here. Those are always fun to do.

We have had a very productive visit from Jason's parents(Lita & Papa). Jason and Papa got a lot of home repairs done(and a big home improvement project). Cailyn and Lita spent every waking moment together. David was sufficiently spoiled all week long. Someone was always holding him(me included--when the adults outnumber the children everyone gets attention). The girls spent a great many minutes outside on the trampoline with Lita. We got family pictures done with Lita and Papa, went to Dinosaur State Park, and The Fort Worth Zoo. I am sure the Lita & Papa are extremely worn out. They left this morning and we were all sad to see them go. Thank you for coming to see us, it means a lot that you would travel this far to see our little family. We love you and already miss you.

Many pictures are coming soon. Be ready for a photo overload.

Blessing for March 27, 2009: Paternity Leave

6 comments:

Ariana said...

I can't wait!

Jenny and Travis said...

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to see the pictures of all the fun stuff you've been up to lately! I SO WISH we could have come down with Lita and Papa to visit you!! Hopefully sometime soon! --Jenny

Brittnee said...

Sounds like you've been as busy as us! It must be a great blessing to have Jason home with you for awhile.

Nampa Gropp Gang said...

What a sweet baby!! congratulations!! I love to see your growing little family!! Can't wait to see you all in person tho!!!

David and Anita Holloway said...

We had such a good time and will do it again as soon as we can. I'm glad y'all got to go to Chuck E Cheese. Thanks for tell me all about it Cailyn! we love you!!!
Lita & Papa

Trisha said...

So how long does Jason get paternity leave for? I think the fact that he gets any at all is so AWESOME! What a difference it makes in transitioning that little one into the world to have sufficient time together and emotional and physical support!