Saturday, March 7, 2009

Our sweet David




I LOVE BABY FEET!



Jason and I are trying to get the hang of changing a baby boy's diaper as compared to a baby girl's diaper. I have to say that girls are sooooo much easier. Yes, they still pee when being changed, but theirs usually just drips down into the diaper. However, a boy get urine EVERYWHERE when his diaper is being changed. And just when you think he is done and you are safe to continue, there it goes again. The other night, Jason was changing David's diaper and there it went shooting up over his body and straight onto his face. Poor little thing shot himself with it. So, needless to say we gave him a bath that night(and when I say we, I mean Jason-not as punishment, it just was him and not me-I don't want to take credit for something I didn't do). Here are a few pictures of that momentous event. He can get pretty loud, but wasn't as loud as I expected him to be. He certainly didn't like it, but it was as bad as I thought it would be.
The girls just absolutely LOVE to kiss on David. They have a hard time giving him space though. I try to keep it to a one-at-a-time activity, but that doesn't always work. This morning, they took turn after turn kissing him good morning. He is a pretty lucky boy to get kisses from 2 beautiful girls in the morning.
The girls also like to hold him. Cailyn does a much better job of it of course so she ends up holding him while Jessica is doing the kissing. I just love to watch this kind of thing going on. I was so worried about how Jessica would behave around him, but she LOVES him to pieces.
Jessica could find the room to kiss him on the head at the same time as Cailyn, so she gave Cailyn kisses. She really is a loving little girl.
*Please don't mind Cailyn's messy hair!*
During nap time today, Cailyn decided to organize our DVDs. She is too cute. She did clean this up all by herself(I guess, I was napping and it was clean when I got up).
Blessing for March 7, 2009: SISTERS

9 comments:

Cassie and Mark said...

He is so handsome! I can totally relate to the diaper changing story. Boys are quick and have powerful aim. Gavin also sprayed himself in the face when he was tiny. I hope you are doing well and I'm glad to see that the girls love David too.

Steven & Adrienne said...

So cute. And what sweet girls you have. And changing boys diapers for me seems to be easier...but we have 3 boys, so that is why. Hey just a hint to keep from him spraying everywhere, put a wipe over him and then it sprays down, so it makes it easier to clean up, at least this worked for us. Your kids are so cute!

Bennett Fam said...

He is so precious Mindi I can't wait to come up and visit y'all.

Love ya bunches,
Heather

Rachel Holloway said...

diaper changing is a funny difference... :) good thing you've got such a great hubby!

he is a doll.

Julie Gropp said...

cute pics! I can't wait to meet him this summer. As for boys, well since I have 3 and no girls, I never thought much about it. The upside is you don't have to worry as much about which way to wipe. Should I write that? Oh well.

Jenny and Travis said...

SO CUTE AND PRECIOUS--ALL OF YOU and all of these pictures! Thanks for sharing them! And that David just gets handsomer and handsomer! --Jenny

David and Anita Holloway said...

What a darling family you have. Thanks for sharing. We're counting the days til we can come and spoil 'em silly!
Love ya! Lita

Sterling & Chelsea said...

Oh you guys he is perfect!!

Trisha said...

He is so adorable! Ironically, Keitra peed on me so many more times than Corban did during diaper changes. Peeing from Corban was rare and not very forceful as an infant. Still, I think peeing aside, boys are easier to wipe than girls--you can wipe a boy any direction that gets him clean!