Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Coming Home

When we got home from the hospital, my sister had some flowers waiting for us. They were/are gorgeous. I couldn't help but take picture after picture of them. Thank you Lynnae they are beautiful.




Yes, that is an orange counter in my bathroom.


David brought the girls a gift when we arrived and they were so thrilled. Thank you again Lynnae, for putting that together.
The more I think about what I want to share the more I think of everything that Lynnae did for us. She was a Godsend. The night before we went in to induce Jason sent Lynnae and me out to spend some time together(thank you Babe). We went to get pedicures, put together the gift for the girls, and got a hamburger and ice cream. It was so nice. Thank you to both of you for pampering me. Later that evening Lynnae gave me a manicure. I tell you what, I felt as pretty as I could have felt going in to have a baby.
I have been worried about how the girls would react to having David home and taking some of their attention. However, Cailyn is soooooo happy to have him here and constantly wants to help care for him. Jessica's first priority when seeing him is to give him a kiss. She is so loving with him and I hope and pray that that stays. They do have a hard time giving him and me space to do diaper changes and feedings. Soon we will have our routine down and they will know what to do right?
Cailyn took these pictures. She is getting pretty good huh?
I know that this is out of order, but I wanted to share how the delivery went. We were scheduled to go to the hospital at 6:00 am for the induction. After discussing how they usually do inductions(using pitocin/sp?) we decided that we didn't like that and wanted to do it the same way we were induced with Jessica(using cytotek/sp?). The doctor was confused as to why they did it that way last time, but neither here nor there, it worked--and fast. They(the doctor and nurses) all agreed that it usually takes MANY hours for the drug to take affect and usually needs pitocin to work anyway. However, we did not need pitocin last time and so we went that route again. I was given the cytotek around 7:30 am and real labor started somewhere around 10:30-11:00 am. The nurses were amazed. I received my epidural around 11:30 and I started pushing around 12:30. Then at 12:43 our sweet little David Christopher arrived. We all agreed at that point that cytotek is my drug of choice for inductions.
David and I are doing really well. I am continuing to heal and we are working at nursing. He has mastered latching on to one side and is getting a little better at the other. We should have it learned within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully before Jason goes back to work.
We are extremely grateful to all who have come to visit and help. We welcome all who would like to come and meet out new little Holloway. We anxiously await the visit from Lita, Papa, and Tia. We are excited about this new change in our family and are adjusting as quickly as possible.

5 comments:

Brittnee said...

We want to come so bad. Hopefully soon! After seeing Lynnae we miss you so much! We wish you could be here.

Rachel Holloway said...

SO ADORABLE!! He is simply precious!!! I am glad you are home and settling in. I have been thinking about you tons! How wonderful to have help there right now. :)

David and Anita Holloway said...

He's adorable!!! Can't wait to meet him in person. Chelsi's coming with us. (She wishes.)

Jenny and Travis said...

What a sweet sister you have! Beautiful tulips too! I'm so glad the girls are loving their little brother. David is so cute! Wish we could be there. --Jenny

Trisha said...

What a cute little bean he is! I'm glad everything went well! Thanks for posting so faithfully!