Friday, September 2, 2011

First day of school

I can't believe I have 2 kids in school. The first day was exciting, to say the least.



Here are our little cuties just before we got in the car. Jason was able to go in late that day so we could all go. As you can probably tell by the look on Cailyn's face, she was a bit nervous. She was trying to fake a smile and that was the best she could do. By the time we got to school she was in full tears. Poor thing, she was so nervous. We stopped to talk to the principal on the way in. She was great. She gave Cailyn a hug and even came to her class later to check on her. Have I mentioned that I REALLY like this principal?


Cailyn is such a good student. She is always loved by her teachers and we are excited to see the progress she makes this year in the first grade.


Jessica was the first to be ready for school. She was bouncing around all morning anxiously awaiting the time to leave. Too cute. Had NO fear going into class and Mommy and Daddy leaving her there.


David and I pick Jess up around 11:00. She was frantically looking for Mommy. It didn't take long to locate us.


Then. . .BIG dimply smile! (this happens EVERY day, I absolutely love it)


We go back a little after 3:00 to get Cailyn. She had calmed down enough to have a good first day. She was happy to find out that her best friend from last year is in her class again this year. I think that helped too.


They had a Pirate first day. With treasure hunts and everything. Her smile is genuine this time. I love you, Cailyn!


We are still getting used to the schedule, but will settle in shortly I am sure. David and I are having a good time together. The first day however, about 10 minutes after we got home he asked,"where are my sisters?" I told him they were in school. To that he replied, "Let's go get them." It was too cute.


He is busy working on learning his shapes, colors, and potty training. He has done really well with all 3 things thus far(the third thing being the most frustrating of course). Soon we are going to add his ABCs and recognizing his numbers. He already counts really well, so we will just go from there.


In between his "school" and potty breaks we are using swords to kill dragons and bad guys. David of course always gets them. He is such a little Hero! We are becoming best buds. That is until baby Cora gets here. Then we will have to adjust some more. I am not sure he will want THAT sister around. We'll see.

1 comment:

Jenny and Travis said...

CUTE girls! I can't believe Jess is old enough to go to school! I'm so glad they had a good first day, and that you and David are having fun together at home. --Jenny