Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Crazy Texas Weather!

Saturday was beautiful, nice warm 70s and sunny. Sunday was a bit cooler and still sunny(I was just getting comfortable). Monday was then ICY. I am alright with icy weather, I don't have to go anywhere. The problem I have is that the temperature won't stay anywhere close to itself for very long. Today the girls are wearing springy dresses and sandals. This back and forth weather is nothing new, it happens every year(winter only mind you-Summer is just HOT, HOT, HOT). However, it is throwing my girls immune system for a loop. Cailyn woke up several times last night shaking with a fever. She said that she hurt everywhere. We medicated and that lasted about 3 hours until she finally ended up in bed with us. She is feeling quite a bit better today, but tonight will be the real test. I just wish that the winter would decided to show up and make it a longer visit than just a few hours.
Here a few pictures of the icicles on our mailbox(just to prove that it does get cold here).




The girls both enjoyed their own tasty icicle.

4 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

Oh, how I miss the warm winters...maybe I can send some snow your way, and I won't have so much around to annoy me. Sorry your kids keep getting sick, that stinks.

Bennett Fam said...

I agree with you. I wish it it would just stay cold for a little while instead of up and down temps. all winter long.

Sorry we were not in town to visit with you over new years. I keep missing you when you are in town. I either find out to late or I'm out of town. Hopefully we will see you soon. Loce ya!

Lacy said...

For some reason icycles in texas, especially with no snow on the groudn seems very odd to me. Thanks for the visual.

Rachel Holloway said...

so crazy!! I just can't imagine ice in texas..