Friday, January 16, 2009

Daily Blessings

Today and tonight Jessica has not really been herself. She has thrown up twice today(both on carpet--YUCK!) and has really just been content to just sit or lay around instead of running around playing. She has been very needy, but unhappy with the things I give her. However, overall if she is feeling bad she is pretty pleasant. I really hope that she is over the worst of it all. I(along with everyone else) really dislike cleaning up throw up.

Tonight I decided to read through some old posts of my Dad's. He always has an interesting way of looking at things and sometimes it boggles my mind where it comes from, but it is unique and I love it about him. As I read I came across some posts about my mother of course and it brought tears to my eyes. However, they were tears that come from realizing a great blessing in your life(I know you have all had those).

I know that my mother was not perfect, but it is so easy to look at her life and see more perfection than imperfection now. I know that she was really good at cleaning and always wanted and needed a clean house. I know that she was always good at making a friend and remembering to talk to them and deepen the friendship. I know that she was strict, but with love and teaching behind it. She always had high expectations for her children(whether we met them or not, they were there). Towards the end of her life she was always very open about her faith and beliefs and never turned down an opportunity for missionary work, even sought it out. She never let anyone take advantage of her(she was really good with words and expressing herself when frustrated or angry).

I think back on her life and who she is and there are so many of her attributes that I want to have. I am proud to have her as my mother and pray that I can be as good of a mother as she was.

One of the posts that Dad had was about the blessing basket. You write down a blessing and place it in the basket and when you need to remember your blessings you can always look in the basket to remind you. I would like to do this with my blog. I will TRY to post a blessing each day to help me remember the things that my Savior and Heavenly Father do for me.

Blessing for today: Beautiful, cool winter days without snow.

1 comment:

Julie Gropp said...

that was a nice thought Mindi. I know I have many blessings too, which I try to remember in hard times. It doesn't always wok that way though. I think you continuing the blessing basket is a great idea!