Friday, January 9, 2009

You Better not pout!

This is really late in coming, but Cailyn said the funniest thing to me one night. We were reading stories before bedtime some night before Christmas and there was a part in the book where the narrator of the story gets progressively frustrated. So, I am reading with a bit of acting as we all do when we read to little ones and apparently I was making a face because Cailyn leaned over and rubbed my eyebrows(to smooth out the frown--I do this to her when she is angry or just a little stinker) and said, "Mom, you better not pout, Santa is coming soon!" Sometimes kids just floor me with the way their minds think. I immediately smoothed out my frown and became very pleasant(mostly because we were then laughing together).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's soo cute! We were watching the Grinch and Hannah turned to Bryan (I wasn't in the room) and said "I don't want the Grinch coming to our house, he's not very nice"
HAHA!!