Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bread

I have made the decision to make bread instead of buying it from now on. So, I have been trying to find THE recipe that works for my family the best. I have tried 2 so far and wouldn't you know it, it is the more time consuming recipe that everyone likes better(including me). I guess I am alright with it because the one we like makes 4 loaves instead of only 2. We have already breezed through about 2 1/2 loaves this week. I have been pretty happy with it though because ALL the kids have been finishing their sandwiches(even David).


So, if you have a recipe that you like/swear by please share. Keep in mind I don't have a mixer strong enough to handle it OR a bread machine, so it will all be done by hand.

*note: I really like making it by hand. The process is therapeutic.








These pictures are of the Honey Wheat bread that we all enjoy. The girls helped me make it and are pretty proud of themselves(as they should be). It was fun!

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

So are you going to share your recipe?!

David and Anita Holloway said...

ummmmmm! Looks delicious. Almost inspires me to make bread again. What a great skill to teach your girls. We sure miss you guys!
Lita & Papa

Hodges' Happenings said...

Look at you...What a fun thing to do as a family and I bet it tastes better than the bread you buy at the store!! Hope you have been enjoying your summer.

Tia Wray said...

Dear Mindi,
YUM.
love Tia.