Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Computer Issues

Jason discovered that our computer's mother board had a short in it. As we decide what we are going to do to fix this issue I am forced to use the laptop. I don't like to use it, so I am not as used to it as I need to be. So, there will not be very many posts since I greatly dislike using this thing. We might just have a BIG Christmas this year(one gift, but a big one)

A quick update:

Just in case you haven't heard yet, Cailyn and Jessica are going to have a little BROTHER named DAVID ????? It is really cool to see Jason excited about this baby. He was the one rushing over to the baby section to find some "COOL" boy clothes.

Last week, Cailyn received a package in the mail from Palmyra, NY. Yes, we finally got her blanket back. We of course opened it as soon as we took it out of the mailbox. Lots of kisses and loves were involved. Then a couple days later, we said goodbye to it and put it in the cabinet. You see, our deal was that when she turned 4 she would stop using her baby blanket. We 'visit' it often, but never unfold it or take it away from the cabinet. We have had a few breakdowns, but overall I would say that it has been a pretty good transition.

We decided to keep the girls in the same room. Yesterday was a day off for Jason because of Veteran's Day and I made him work. He moved the computer desk into our room(we are losing our office for David) after rearranging our room. Then we moved dressers around. I had painted Cailyn's new dresser, but opted not to paint the other one to keep my options open. I think I will end up painting it later, but for now it is being used. We moved the not so good dresser into David's room for when he is born. AND, Cailyn LOVES her new bedding(whew, I bought that months ago on sale and can't return it now). Their room is definitely a girl's room, and they love it.

Jessica has decided that she wants to use regular cups now instead of sippies. I am fine with that, until we go somewhere and she gets upset about using a sippy. She is really pretty good, I just have to keep an eye on her because as soon as she is not so thirsty anymore she likes to play, or throw. Jess has been nodding/shaking her head in response to our questions for a while now. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. It really helps with our communication. She says a few words, but they only can be translated by me or Jason. Some of them include “Jesus”, “Pizza”, “Mommy”, “Daddy”, “Cracker”, and several others I can't think of right now.

Cailyn had her 4-year-old doctor appointment. This included 3 shots that she was not happy about. Luckily Jason took off of work early to go with us, because she was squirming something fierce. We did find out that she doesn't have to have more shots until she is 11 years old. I hope that the shot schedule doesn't change between now and then.

Now for todays adventures. We went to the Library for story time(only out of request of my child) and decided to go to the bank to show Jason our craft. It was a really cute turkey nose that the kids wear. While waiting for Jason to finish working with a customer the girls wandered into an office that they should not have been in. I told them to leave the office, Cailyn left and when I went to lead Jess by the hand, she freaked out and dropped to her knees. When I was lifting her up to take her out of the office, I heard and felt a snap in her little arm. She instantly began screaming and holding her arm. We rushed to the car and headed for the clinic at the hospital, only for them to tell us there was not a doctor in today. So, back in the car we go to see if Dr. Rose can see us. He is a orthopedic surgeon that happens to be our old bishop of the Ward before it was split. He was really busy, soon to be in surgery, but Rob Bell, a good friend in our Branch is the manager there and was nice enough to make room for us. While waiting our turn, Cailyn suggested a prayer for Jesus to heal Jessica. So she said one and I said one. Then Rob came to take Jessica for an X-ray. She didn't much care for it, but it only took a few minutes to get the picture of her little bones. Rob said that he didn't see a break, it looked like a sprain. He said to wait a while for confirmation from Dr. Rose. A while later he brought us back to talk to us. He said that Dr. Rose agreed there was no broken bone, but that the elbow joint was popped out of place. Rob twisted her arm a little bit and it popped back. He did say that it would take somewhere between 3-5 days until she was back to normal and to keep her medicated for pain. She is feeling a bit better already, I can tell, but is choosing to not use that arm. I guess I need to be more careful with their little bodies. I will pick them up from under the arms from now on. We did get to bring home the X-ray and I will post those soon, along with ultrasound pictures, and more of the latest.

That is all I have right now. I don't think there will be very many posts until I get a desk top computer back. I just really dislike using this thing.

3 comments:

Waco Gropp said...

So I can,t call him RJ anymore, I think he will like David more though. Some good time in MW these days. Hope the computer works out, I have mine in the hospital now.

Steven & Adrienne said...

Congrats on having a boy...you will love it! And who knew that you could hurt their arm so easily...I always grab them by the one arm, I guess I will also have to be more careful. Hope she feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard yet that you are having a boy! Congrats!!

I also need to be more careful about how to get the kids...I know I grab their arm and can do the same...I have to work harder about not doing that...I'm sure it scared you a lot! Thanks for the tip.