Thursday, January 24, 2008

Boys vs Girls

I have often wondered how different my life would be if I had boys instead of girls. Well, then I read my sisters'-in-law blog and the question is gone.

If I had boys I would probably be more active. I might have a naked child jumping off of the couch. I might be sweeping the kitchen 3-4 times a day. I might be playing baseball with dinosaurs and play dough. I might be using fisher price tools to fix odds and ends around the house. I might be using a light saber to fight Darth Vader. I might be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle coming to save the city. I might even be He-Man. Who knows?

Instead, I find myself as Barbie dancing through the night in a pavilion. I am Cinderella sweeping up after my ugly stepsisters. I am Jasmine flying on a magic carpet with Aladdin. I am making jewelry for a princess while she puts beautiful clips in my hair. I am constantly giving a princess a manicure and pedicure. I can often find Tinker Bell flying around my house, usually singing. I sometimes even find myself as the Prince Charming to awaken my Sleeping Beauty, or save Genevieve from Rowena, or find the princess that fits the glass slipper she left behind on the steps.

Either way, I am sure that I would be just as happy with a young ninja/mechanic/baseball player/Luke Skywalker as I am with my Cinderella/Genevieve/Jasmine/Aurora. Children are so creative. They can use anything to invent a new story or game. Many times as I listen to Cailyn playing she is trying to give the villain a hug or talk to them to make them happier or not as mean. The love of a child is amazing to me. I know that my little princesses were sent to me to teach me compassion and charity. That is evidence that my Father in Heaven loves me.