Thursday, January 10, 2008

Drama Queen!

This morning we were playing in the girls' room and Cailyn started to act like she was dying. She wanted me to hold her(dead) in my arms. I thought 'ok, I can do my own acting here too.' But, to my dismay I was trying to think how I would react to her death, and actually began to cry. She looked up and saw the tears and instantly it became a game that she wants to play all the time(why my child wants to see me cry is beyond me). As I was thinking about this new 'game' I realized that I am truly thankful that we are an Eternal Family. I know I would be completely devastated if she were to die, but I also know that we are bound together for eternity, and that gives me comfort and peace.

I am sure that this obsession with dying comes from all the 'princess' movies she is watching and I should be giving her the 'true love kiss' to wake her. Maybe we should have a lesson on the real 'true love' in life. Either way, Cailyn is definitely my little actress.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

She SOOOO has some Jenna genes! Why they pick up all the traumatic parts of shows is beyond me. And Jenna says in every single prayer "please bless us to feel better"...um, I didn't know we weren't feeling well. True drama MUST run in the family!