Friday, May 2, 2008

Insurance Claim

Yesterday the insurance adjuster finally came in response to our claim on the roof. We had a roofing company come to make sure he saw everything. I think it went well, but the guy from the roofing company said they aren't going to pay enough, "10 years ago it would have been enough, but not today. " But, to our advantage, the roofing company said they would do the work for whatever the insurance company would pay. The only thing we have to do is meet our deductable. I am not sure how much that is, but I do know it is considerably less than the price of a roof(including labor). Jason and I are still trying to decide if we are going to upgrade to a metal roof or not. We know that they last longer and it would increase the value of our home. I guess the time to do it is now, when we will have help paying for it. I will keep everyone updated on the progress of our hail damage repairs. In spring it is important for it to be done sooner than later, so I hope the paperwork will be done quickly. I am sure that the insurance people are working as fast as they can because damage to the inside of the house can be considerable in a Texas thunderstorm with a bum roof. With that said, they do have a lot of claims to cover right now, so I will try to be patient, but when the next big storm comes that patience will be in short supply.

For all of you that we asked to help us replace our roof, send a thank you out to our Heavenly Father because now you don't have to help. We are certainly thanking Him for this because it is more of a blessing then a burden.

1 comment:

Bennett Fam said...

Wow! That is really nice of the roofing company to do it for whatever the insurance will pay. What a blessing to only have to pay the deductable. I hope it all happens quickly for y'all. ;-)