Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sleepless

I am wide awake and don't know why. It is driving me crazy. I can count on one hand the number of times this has happened to me. I can understand better those that have this problem and I am SO SORRY.

As I was laying in bed staring at the ceiling or trying to force my eyes shut I was thinking, "What does one do when they can't sleep?" I thought of many things I needed to do before church tomorrow, but all of that makes noise and everyone else in the house is sleeping. I know nothing worth watching would be on TV, and so I sit here blogging. Watch out, it could be a little weird to be in Mindi's head this late at night.

Those of you who know my father know that he is very passionate about politics. Lately I have been really paying attention to all of that, mostly because I desire conversation material with my father, but also because it scares me. I don't feel like i know enough about all of it to carry on a debate with anyone, but the whole government take over mentality in Washington is pretty scary and it looms over me. I know that it is a very controversial subject and I don't want to offend anyone but I feel like I need to say just a couple of things about it.

Why do the politicians not seem to care what Americans' want or need? Are they really that selfish and power hungry? How did America let this happen to itself? How did WE let this happen?

I go from feeling hopeful to feeling defeated, back and forth each day. I hear the different things that the politicians are saying and doing and feel like they have full control and We, the People only have 1 weapon(votes). It doesn't seem to be a fair fight. But, as I read in the scriptures I realize that they are filled with examples of seemingly unfair fights. The faithful always conquer in the end. Why? Because they are fighting with the power of God.

It all boils down to one thing(in my mind and heart): We need to be FAITHFUL! We need to trust in our GOD. We need to pay attention to the prompting of the SPIRIT! I think that there are too many good people who seem to think that our faith and relationship with the Holy Ghost stops with church or making decisions about the commandments. It doesn't! We need to rely on the Spirit for ALL our decisions. This includes politics.

I don't know about all of you, but the current politicians leave my heart and mind uneasy. The Spirit is telling me that something is wrong and we need to do something to change it.

I pray daily that we, as Americans, as Children of God, will decide to make a positive change. That we will do what it takes to preserve this beautiful country that so many have died and suffered to give to us. I know that if we live close to the Spirit and heed His promptings, then we can!

God Bless America! (it needs it)

No comments: