Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Roof update

Last Thursday the roofing company came by to replace our roof. Our old one was torn off and new one on by the end of the day. Talk about fast work. There were many workers and it sounded like we were in a hail storm all day. It was driving the girls and me crazy so we left for about 4 hours. It was a generally pleasant day, not too hot but certainly not cool by any definition of the word. I was very pleased to hear that they would not be pounding on my roof for a second day. We are excited about the new roof. We upgraded to a 35-year shingle instead of a 25-year and it will still cost us only a couple hundred out of pocket. I have told many people here in town that it is our fault that the hail storm hit because we needed a new roof and couldn't pay for it.

I am not sure you can tell that the roof is new by the pictures; sorry I didn't take any before pictures. We had an ashy colored shingle before and now we have a brown which looks much better with our brick. I couldn't be more pleased with how it all turned out.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

AWESOME!! I am SO glad they won't be pestering you anymore. It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!