Monday, June 30, 2008

Thank you, Abuelita!

Imagine taking care of two little, energetic, loud girls AND an adult who has low tolerance for noise. This usually creates a bit of tension in the house. It is difficult because I can send Cailyn out into the back yard to play, but I would have to go with Jessica and I can't leave Mom alone in the house. Do you see what I mean?



BUT, lately I have been staying with my Mom in Waco, KID FREE! Wow, what an experience that is. You see, Jason's Mom(we call her Lita--short for Abuelita) flew down a little over a week ago to watch the girls while I take care of my Mom. This has been a complete lifesaver.


On a side note: the first night I was staying at Mom's I woke to the sound of Jessica crying(she wasn't with me remember). I felt that I couldn't escape them, that they were somehow haunting me. I realize now that I was unconsciously wanting them with me.



This past weekend I drove home to work on a project for Mom and I couldn't believe how much I missed my little princesses. I just wanted to hold them for hours. I longed to hear their giggles and see their smiles. What a joy they are in my life. "They" say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. It is true!

Even more though, I missed my loving(and not to mention HOT) husband. After a week of not seeing each other, he held me as I cried almost to the point it hurt, then we talked for hours until we couldn't keep our eyes open. It felt so nice to just sit and talk to him. I have really missed that. It amazes me how just a tiny bit of love from him can make me feel so safe that I can release everything that I hold in when at my mother's house. I know that I would not be staying afloat through this trial without Jason. I needed to go home to re-charge for this week. I know that the Lord sent him to me to carry me through this trial. Thank you Jason for your constant love and care.

I apologize for the lack of pictures, but I have seriously not even touched my camera for at least a week. I will be better when life gets closer to normal. I have missed blogging, but didn't want to make every post a total downer, which is all I feel lately. Hopefully I will be back soon.

7 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

Wow, what a great husband and mother in law you have, and kids!! You are amazing, and such a loving daughter to sacrifice so much. We will keep praying for you and your family, and know that we love you!

On Our List said...

You are AMAZING!!! Hang in there...trials teach and shape us into the person the Lord knows we will become. Though its hard and frustrating at times, you are loved and surrounded by many people who are willing to lift and carry you through this trial. I am glad you have Jason and his mother. My heart aches to see you go through this difficult situation. Know that I love you and I am praying for you. You are an inspiration.

Love ya!!!

Cassie and Mark said...

We are so blessed to have you as part of our family Mindi! I truly am grateful that Jason married you. Hang in there! You are great! We're excited to see you and your sweet family in a few days!

Jenny and Travis said...

Good to hear from you on the blog again (though our hearts are with you as you spend this important time with your mom). We love you and can't wait to see you and your wonderful family later this week! Our prayers, and the prayers of many, continue to be with you. --Jenny and Travis

Jenny and Travis said...

AHH...We get to see you in two days! Can't wait!!
--Jenny

Yeargains said...

Just wanted to send our love from Boise. Hang in there!!

Love Lisa, Brian, Hannah, Hailey, TJ, Parker and Payton

Lacy said...

You do have a great family...and it sounds like you are a great daughter.