Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Fun!

Tonight I finally feel some Christmas Cheer. It is definitely because Jason was able to come home early from work today. He is so good with the girls and they anxiously await his arrival every day(almost as much as I do). Today he was home early enough to get Jess and then Cailyn out of bed. Wow!

Then we checked the mailbox and Santa had sent both girls a letter. What is better than that? So, we decided to write to him and leave the letter for him to read when he visits our house tonight. While Jason and the girls were busy doing that I made some banana bread out of our "nasty" bananas so we could leave some on Santa's treat plate. We spent some time outside as a family and then ate dinner. We decided that we were going to make Christmas Eve meal a casual, easy dinner and just had some pizza. When we were all done with that the girls got to open one present.
They were both so excited, they wanted to open all their presents, but Jason and I are sticklers for the "don't open 'til Christmas" rule. So, alas they have to wait. We loaded up to look at Christmas lights around town. We discovered a new neighborhood that is beautiful, but not as many lights as I would have liked. Oh well, when we got back we got Santa's plate ready and toasted the evening with some egg nog(yummy!).
Overall, it was a great evening. I hope that tomorrow goes just as well. I still can't believe that it has already come. Where did the time go?
I hope that everyone is having a great Christmas. We love you all and wish we lived closer to everyone. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Cassie and Mark said...

Merry Christmas to you! I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Rachel Holloway said...

SO FUN!! Makes me really miss you guys and all the fun we had last year. I thought of you when we ate our big ham dinner...and how good our meal was last Christmas Eve...mmm....

Hope your Christmas is wonderful!

Andrew said...

Sounds like fun!! It was funny to ready that you went "outside" Christmas Eve to spend some time... It is SO SO SO cold here. Snowy and Windy! Merry Christmas!!