Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weekend in Waco

Disclaimer: I promise I rotated the pictures in the program, but for some weird reason it didn't work, so sorry for that inconvenience.
This past weekend was busy for us. On Friday night we had our Branch Christmas party(whew, am I glad that is over), but I managed to not get a single picture. I am sad about that, but there was no way around it. The girls and I spent almost the entire day decorating. I had spent 2 1/2 days making the rolls for the party(yes, I agreed-even volunteered to make them-23 dozen rolls). By the time the party rolled around the girls were more than tired of being there and Jessica was almost unbearable(Jason did a good job watching her though-thank you babe!).

Saturday we headed to Waco to visit Dad. Lynnae and her family were there and that night we drove to Lake Belton to see the lights in BLORA. They were beautiful, but the tour was a little longer than we were prepared for. You live and learn. I somehow managed to not get a single picture there either. I know, I know, how pathetic.
Sunday morning, Jason offered to watch Cailyn, Jessica, and Becca while Lynnae, Dad, Maycie, Keaton and I went to Killeen to see Mom's grave. Dad had been told that they hang wreaths on each headstone and we wanted to see it. It was truly beautiful. A touching and difficult experience. Many tears were shed as we tried to believe it could be real that she is gone.


We went to church with Dad when we got back and then after church we ate some yummy "Roast Beast". Dad and Memema opened their gifts and then we loaded the car to come home. Dad has a manger lit up in his front yard, and before we put the girls in the car they wanted to kiss baby Jesus goodbye. It was so sweet I had to take a picture of it. It is moments like that that make me appreciate my life. Children are so sweet and pure. They truly are a gift from our loving Heavenly Father. I just pray I can think that as they deliberately disobey me or throw the next fit.
I know this picture is fuzzy, but it was too cute not to include it.

6 comments:

Brittnee said...

Love the updates, and have missed you on here. Come back soon!

Rachel Holloway said...

I bet going back to the cemetary around this time of year was tough! I am really glad you got to go see the wreaths though., What a special memorial.

I am also glad your party is over! I too was THRILLED to have mine done with!! I can't wait to chat and see what went on! :)

Steven & Adrienne said...

I am glad you guys were able to go to Waco to spend time together as a family. And also thanks for those beautiful pictures of the cemetary...it truly is beautiful with all the wreaths.

Unknown said...

23 dozen!!! That has to be some holiday party record to note. nice job.

I also nominated you for a pass along boggy award on my blog--sjolsethupdate.blogspot.com

Thanks for letting all of us share with your experience.

Waco Gropp said...

Mindi, thank you the post, it is always a joy to have you at the house and to have you with me when I know my heart is going to be stretched.

Julie Gropp said...

thanks for the pictures of the grave. we haven't been back since the funeral. merry christmas!