Thursday, December 25, 2008

Joy To The World, the Lord is Come!

Merry Christmas everyone!
It has been a great day. We have opened presents and eaten yummy foods and talked to family. Jason even got to talk to his little brother, Tyler, who is serving his mission in the Dominican Republic.


The toys that "Santa" brought were and still are a HUGE HIT. The girls are even miraculously playing together and sharing. We have done a little rearranging with new pictures and a new movie shelf for our room. We are planning to clear out some toys tomorrow to keep things organized and clean.

Some of the biggest "HITS" today were:
Cailyn's new tea set.
Jessica's new stroller.
My new body pillow.

Jason's new Simpson's movie(and pajamas).
Both girls got a new Barbie from Santa.

Cailyn loves her new picture of Christ.
The girls exchanged a gift this year and they were both very happy about it.


As I have been thinking about Christmas today, I realize I am so blessed to have the Gospel in my life. I love my Savior and the miracle of his life is amazing to me. The other day I was observing Jessica and her dependence on me and I came to the realization that I need to follow her example. I need to go to my Heavenly Father when I need help, when I am hurting, when I am happy, and every other part of my day/life(I don't think that I need to whine as much, but you get the point).
Last night as I was about to go to bed, I decided to take some pictures of my favorite Christmas decorations. Here is what they mean to me.


This tree is the one that I grew up with. So, it is very sentimental to me. My mom and I spent hours putting the lights on many years ago and they haven't been removed since. I will cherish this tree forever and the memories that come with it.


This is one of my favorite ornaments. It reminds me to keep my focus on The Eternal Father.


The star at the top of the tree is beautiful. It represents the new star when Christ was born, however, it can also help us to realize that Jesus is the Light and the Life of the World. We can always turn to Him and find Light and direction in our lives.

This is a new ornament given to us last year by my sweet in-laws, Brandon and Rachel. We will put our gift to Jesus in it each year and strive everyday(hopefully) to give that to Him. I love it. What a perfect reminder of what Christmas is all about.
Once again, Merry Christmas everyone. I hope that if you are having to travel, that you will arrive to your destination safely and that we can all remember the feeling of Christmas throughout the coming year.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

You always know how to word things best! Thanks for your wonderful words and Christlike example. I love hearing what you have learned and applied to your life. You are amazing.

I am glad you guys had a great day. The girls look so cute and I am so happy they are getting into Christmas now...it's so fun to watch!