Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A quick update

I have had several people ask why I haven't updated for so long, so here it goes. My excuses I mean.

Reason #1: I really dislike using the laptop. It is not convenient for me(despite what others may think of them).

Reason #2: My camera is topped off with pictures and I haven't figured out how to get rid of them. With the other computer I would just delete them when I uploaded them, but I haven't figured that out on this thing yet. Plus, when I do upload them, the computer does something with the pictures on the camera locking them on there, but we are unable to view them with just the camera. Weird stuff. I know that I am technology challenged, but come on.

Reason #3: When I have time to blog, I find other things that feel better to do(play with the girls, bake, read, sleep, etc.)

So I am sorry that I have not been posting lately, but I will get better when we receive our new computer. I am way excited.

In the meantime I will share some of the latest happenings.

Thanksgiving:
That morning Jason headed to Weatherford to play in the traditional "Turkey Bowl" with the missionaries. This year marked the 14th year the Weatherford Ward and Hudson Oaks Ward have challenged each other. Our Branch was invited to play also. The guys played for at least 2 hours and I think that I am still hearing some complaints about sore muscles. I guess the guys are older than they want to admit.
While he was gone the girls and I were finishing the last baking necessary for the feast and loading the van. When we got home we loaded up and drove to Arlington to my Aunt Kathy's house.
All 3 of my mom's sisters were there with their husbands, Memema(mom's mom), Dad, Lynnae and her family, many cousins and their kids(if that applies), and us. There was plenty of food, people, and emotion. It was pretty jarring to walk into Aunt Kathy's house and see all of her Christmas trees up.
You see, every year for the past I don't know how long my Mom and her sisters exchange Christmas trees. They would purchase 5 trees so that all of them would have the same ones. This past summer as we were cleaning out closets at Mom and Dad's house we found a bunch of trees that Mom had purchased over the years and either forgot about or was saving for this year. She requested my Aunt Dinah to take them and deliver them for her. So, since my Aunts were going to be there together for Thanksgiving they decided to give their trees then. They(including me, Lynnae, and Memema) went into a room and shut the door and proceeded to open gift bags. Every year there are beautiful, unique trees. They opened mom's trees last and it was extremely hard to watch. She LOVED this tradition. I am so glad that they have these trees to remember Mom. It will be like having many little pieces of her there every year at Christmas as they unload their 15 tubs of Christmas trees(which is not much of an exaggeration if any at all).
That was probably the hardest part of the day. There were many times when I would look around to see the activities around the house and feel the loss all over again, but then also feel the gratitude of my life and that I have the Restored Gospel that will allow me to see her again. I will have her forever! That is what I am most thankful for this year, Eternal Families!

Jason had to work the next day(which traditionally is the day we set up our Christmas stuff), so we waited until Saturday to pull everything out. I love the process of setting things out and getting everything ready. However, I guess I girls are not old enough to appreciate it yet and showed very little interest in it. So, the job was cut short and we have been setting stuff up little by little. I think we are there now, except for the presents under the tree that will collect over time.

Jason's Birthday:
December 1 was Jason's 29th birthday. We are technically getting the computer for his birthday, but that isn't here yet so the girls and I got him a 32" fiber-optic Christmas tree with the trimmings. It was originally planned for his office, but he preferred it to be home in the play room(because we set up the big tree in the family room). He was surprised and happy about it. 2 days prior to his birthday he wanted to buy it and even almost had it in the basket, but I refused to let him buy it with some lame excuse the it was "frivolous"(he was a little upset with me). So, needless to say he was happy to see it.
We celebrated his birthday with some homemade lasagna and banana cream pie. We had the missionaries over and had fun talking and laughing with them. Overall it was a good day.

Pregnancy:
I have definitely entered the 3rd trimester. I have leg cramps at night preventing me from getting very good sleep. And, every time I roll over I have to go to the bathroom. And, I am a belly sleeper and am growing weary of sleeping on my arms. I count the hours to nap time and frantically get to bed after laying Jessica down. That is my only chance. Cailyn has been taking naps with me lately only because she is under the weather, but she is really good about letting me sleep while she plays(I guess she is old enough to know that I am CRANKY without sleep). I feel baby David move often throughout each day. It happens most consistently around 2-3 in the afternoon and 9-10 at night(probably because I am most calm at those times of day). The last doctor appointment Cailyn and Jessica went with me. Cailyn was very excited to hear David's heartbeat. All of the check-up went very well. They said that his measurements are textbook, AKA perfect(I am the mom I can say that). I have started to forget about the difficulty of labor, delivery, and recovery because I am getting ready to have my body back(if that is ever possible for my body type). I am ready to be able to twist to look behind me, get up off the floor normally, and get off the couch without help. Oh yeah, and I am ready to see David and look into his eyes, cuddle him with my arms, and most of all see the excitement in Jason's eyes as he holds his son. I really hope that he looks like Jason. That he has his strong dimples when he smiles and his gorgeous eyes that are so expressive. I wonder if he will be identical to his sisters(with obvious differences) or if he will look totally different. These are the things that bring me the most excitement as we wait for his arrival. The only thing that brings me great heartache is that I cannot share my experiences with my Mom here. That will be the hardest part. I am extremely grateful for a wonderful mother-in-law who is a fabulous grandma(Lita) and is so aware of others' feelings. She is so patient and gentle. I know that I will have to lean on her often throughout the years. I love you, Mom.

That is all I have for you right now. It will probably be a while for the next one too, sorry!

4 comments:

Waco Gropp said...

O K my sweet daughter, you have done it again. The tree thing got to me as well. I try really hard to cowboy up. But it is a good thing to have your own private angel isn't it.... I missed Jason's birthday, love that guy. Thanks Jason for the man you are.

Steven & Adrienne said...

I am glad you can keep on some of the traditions of your mom, and have such a strong testimony. You are an inspiration to us all...and I can't wait to see pictures of that baby boy of yours...he is going to be just as cute as your girls!

Cassie and Mark said...

Thanks for the update! Congratulations on your new computer! We're getting one too and I can't wait. It sounds like you guys have had a good couple of weeks. I thought of you on Thanksgiving (thanks for calling while we were at mom and dad's) and my heart ached for you and your family. I love the Christmas tree tradition of your mom's. What a beautiful way to remember her. I'm excited for baby David to come too! If there is anything I can do to help PLEASE let me know. I would even fly out there to help if you'd like.:)

Kathryn Cooper said...

I totally understand why you'd rather sleep than blog. Pregnancy is exhausting!