Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

I just can't believe that Christmas is 2 days away. Part of me is excited and the other part of me wants to just stop time so I can get in the right mood. I feel like life won't slow down to truly enjoy it. When I was teaching there was a distinct difference the week before Christmas because my schedule changed and I was suddenly spending more time at home with my family. This year nothing is different except that our advent calendars are still progressing. I wonder if it will feel different tomorrow night, or will it still feel like another 'normal' day is soon to come.

I was talking to a good friend of mine last night and she expressed her dread of having to travel and spend time with family. Now she has 2 small children and anyone who has small ones can relate, but I couldn't help feeling jealous that she will be close to family. We talked about that for a while and we both saw the irony in the situation, but I still wish I could be with family this year no matter how difficult it is to travel with little ones.

Regardless of what you and your families are doing this Holiday, I pray that everyone can feel of the love of our Heavenly Father and His precious gift of His Son, Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Waco Gropp said...

Mindi, Jason and those two beautiful button pushers. I Love you and we will have the best times together. We have and the leaning I have done on you and your sister has kept me upright. Count your many blessings. I do and you are them.

Rachel Holloway said...

I feel the same way. Like, it's so hard to feel the magic and excitement of the season because every day is the same.

I hope you have an awesome day--I have been thinking lots about you and I know this year will be hard to be without your mom. You are in our thoughts and prayers...wish we could be there! Really, we do...