Sunday, May 31, 2009

Graduations, and a pending trip to Idaho



This past Thursday we traveled to Hilltop Lakes to attend Kindergarten and 8th grade graduation. Becca is the one in the middle looking at us. Just after taking that picture my camera died. I was soooooo upset because I wanted to get a picture of Maycie(who was graduating that night as well, but from 8th grade--wink). She was so absolutely gorgeous. She always is, but this night she was all dolled up. She had on a beautiful new dress, make-up and her hair was curled. Oh to have her hair. Wow, was a beauty!!!!!
On the way down we got a call from my Aunt Sherry telling us that my grandmother, Grandma Gropp, was doing really bad and would probably not live through the night. So, we made plans to travel to Idaho. Jason, the kids, and I got back around 1:00 in the morning and the next morning I packed and cleaned quickly so I would be ready for the trip. As of now we still haven't received the call that she has passed, but we are packed and ready(including a squeaky clean van). While I am excited to make a trip to Idaho to see family, I wish it were for a different reason. It will be weird to not see and talk to Grandma. Her smile, her squeeze of the hand, and her little chuckle are always a part of our trip and now are already missed. We love you grandma.
Cailyn and Jessica will, if all goes well, be able to spend several days with their Lita and Papa. Cailyn is so excited, she can't calm down. You know that feeling the day before Christmas when you just can't sit still your heart is jumping inside of you? That is Cailyn right now. She can't wait to see you guys. Thank you!

Jessica story:
The other day I was holding David just after feeding him, when Jess comes up to him and with a growl in her voice says, "I EAT BABY!" I of course laugh hysterically and she continues to do it. I love her little personality. Well, I guess I should never refer to her personality as 'little', but I LOVE it. Usually!

5 comments:

Andrew said...

You know... Utah is on the way from Texas to Idaho!! Let us know if you are planning on passing through Salt Lake!

Rachel Holloway said...

Not to sound insensitive, but I SOOO hope that this trip happens this week. I want to see you so badly....and honestly, I can't stand another rejection from family...
Hoping things go well for you. Will be waiting for updates. PLEASE let us know. We would love to get together with the kids--and see sweet David. EVEN IF IT'S FOR 5 MINUTES. :)

Ariana said...

I eat babies too! I'm so sorry to hear your grandma is not doing well.

Yeargains said...

Hi sweetie. I wish you were coming for a different reason too. Can't wait to see you.

Love Lisa

Cassie and Mark said...

Mindi, I am so sorry about your grandmother's declining health. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.