Sunday, May 24, 2009

Play group

Our Branch and the Weatherford Ward have officially started a play group. I couldn't be more excited about it. We meet on Fridays, which is good because those are my long days without Jason. Our first one was this past Friday and there was a great turnout from the Weatherford Ward. I was the only one from the Mineral Wells Branch though. I think they are crazy for not coming. Maybe I am just a lesser parent for needing time with other adults.
Anyway, while we were there 2 school buses stopped and unloaded about 50-75 Elementary age kids off. They scattered(but unfortunately the teachers/chaperones did not) and made all the parents nervous. Apparently I didn't pay enough attention to Cailyn because on the way home she tells me that some of the kids in the orange shirts were sitting on her in the sand box. She was making a sand angel and they sat on her; she kicked them off. I was horrified. There were kids everywhere and Jessica was being extremely difficult so I guess I missed the entire thing. Wow, what kind of parent am I. I told her next time someone is doing something mean to her to come tell me and I would beat them up for her. We giggled a bit, but then I got quite a bit more serious about it and let her know that she needed to tell either me or her teacher if someone was being mean or hurtful.

Our happy David just hangin out.

Cailyn having a hard time looking at the camera because we just got there and she wanted to play.

Jessica with her makeshift earrings on.
The princess on her throne:



I guess she wasn't too happy about it.


We love our David giggles

3 comments:

Tonia Bell said...

I had lots of fun at the playdate, of yeah, and so did Maddy. Looking forward to Love Street this Friday. Thanks for being such a great friend!!

Emma's Mom said...

Oh David an adorable laugh!

Jenny and Travis said...

David has the cutest laugh! What a cutie! Thanks for sharing his adorableness with us! --Jenny