Thursday, May 21, 2009

Snap, Crackle, Pop!

I have been working to lose weight and can happily report that I have lost 17 pounds since David was born. I have known for many years that my knees are bad and therefore don't go running everyday, although I feel best about myself after I run(really it is just a jog, but you get the point). The other day I was doing some lunges with a video and I couldn't help giggling as I heard a symphony of snapping, crackling, and popping with each lunge. Old age is the pits ;)
Last Friday the kids and I went over to the track to exercise, but lets just say it wasn't the best workout. I usually jog 1 1/2 miles, but only went 1/4 mile with the kids. We were the only ones there so I thought that the girls would play in the soccer field, but I thought wrong. We even brought some kick balls with us for them to throw and play, but I guess I will have to work out before the kids get up from now on.
*Yes, that is Jessica with a sleeveless dress on. Don't judge me!
We did have a lot of fun once I decided that the workout wasn't the most important thing at the moment. We all went into the soccer field together and kicked the balls around and played and screamed as loud as we could. It wasn't the most beautiful day(really humid and sticky) but we made the most of it.

Cailyn was so excited that she could be as loud as possible(which is surprisingly loud). She was so much fun to watch as she ran and giggled, danced and posed. What an absolute "JOY" to have around.

David was a little trooper. He just watched and giggled as we ran around and chased each other. It was fun to watch him as well, just as much engaged in our games as we were. He is such an easy baby, I can't believe how blessed I am.


Potty training update: Every day that we are home I take Jessica's diaper off of her. She and I went to the store to purchase the candy that she gets each time she uses the potty. After a few fits she now understands how she gets candy and uses it often. She has even used it to go #2(which incidentally she gets 2 candies for--maybe that is why they call it that--just a thought). I cannot be happier with her progress. Maybe after a couple of weeks we can try putting panties on her(right now if I put them on her she just wets in them, but doesn't if she is bare). Many times a day I can find her sitting on the potty all on her own and then with that proud-of-myself look on her face she comes to me saying, "Candy". We go to the bathroom to check and clean up, then she gets to choose her candy(s). I think that it really helps to have Cailyn so excited to sit in there with her and cheer her on.
For the record, Jason took this picture(although I probably
would have if he hadn't already done it).

3 comments:

Brittnee said...

I do the exact same things with my knees! I hear the popping noises all day long! Good luck-and it isn't just old age!

Emma's Mom said...

Way to go Jess!
I am so proud of you! I think I have gained like 10 since Emmas been born! I am going the wrong way and fast!

Steven & Adrienne said...

Good for you on losing weight and running, that is awesome!. And way to go Jess...keep it up...I love the candy method it works so well!