Thursday, May 14, 2009

random insights into our life

This post is going to be extremely random, but that is kinda how my mind is nowadays.

I will start with a couple of Cailyn stories.

#1 One night Cailyn is telling me a story about a princess and her prince(or course-almost everything is about a princess these days). She tells me that they live happily ever after, but they don't get married. When I asked why she said,"Because she didn't want to get fat." Well now that makes complete sense.

#2 Cailyn and I were playing the other day and we both had guns and were fighting each other. However, she informed me that MY gun didn't work because she took out the batteries.

One of our new favorite songs as a family.


Happy belated Birthday Papa(recorded before your actual birthday, but delivered late).

There you go, it took a couple of takes to get Jessica's, but none the less--Happy Birthday Papa!

This past weekend we went to Waco. You see this past Saturday was my mother's birthday and then of course Sunday was Mother's Day(our first without Mom). I thought originally that we were going to give my Dad support, but I realized as the day arrived that we were there for me to have support. I really think that Jason does a FABULOUS job of supporting me emotionally when I can't stand on my own. I KNOW that my Heavenly Father gave me Jason because he can comfort me the best way possible. Thank you Jason for being so strong for me and always being patient with me. You have more patience than anyone I have ever known(anyone who has lived with me knows this must be truth if he can stand to live with me still). I love you and appreciate you more than I will ever be able to express!!!!

I wanted to share a picture of my Mother's Day present because I want to use it as inspiration to decorate my bedroom. However, I have not yet received any inspiration with it around. I am hoping that you guys could leave me some suggestions. I am almost completely clueless when it comes to this stuff so I need specifics(colors, frames, plants, anything). Please help the decorating impaired!

A beautiful wax warmer from Scentsy.

Cailyn is constantly making a funny face these days. I love it. She is becoming so fun to be around, always trying to make everyone around her laugh. Notice Jessica's face is colored on. I guess when she was told not to color in the books she resorted to her own face. Thank goodness for washable markers.

What would I do without these sweet children around to brighten my day? They are constant reminders of my Heavenly Father's love for me. What amazing little blessings. I pray that they think the same about me.

David update:

He now weighs almost 14 pounds.

He holds his head up with the best of them.

He has started to giggle when we tickle him.

He consistently goes to bed at night at 7 or 7:30.

He can definitely get my attention with his volume now(although he can still be drowned out by Jessica's)

He is still absolutely adored by his sisters and adores them in return.

He brings a sweet spirit into our home that we wouldn't trade for all the world. He is our precious David Christopher and we love him.


2 comments:

Brittnee said...

I'd say use brown and teal for colors. You can buy browinsh-bronzed frames and use sepia-tone on the pictures you place inside. As far as plants go that's a toughy because you can't really use a lot of greenery with teal, however if you are going for silk you can buy a beautiful teal arrangement. Those are my thoughts...but I might be color blind with the scentsy warmer! :)

David and Anita Holloway said...

Thank you for the birthday wish. I appreciate the thought and the greeting from You all.