Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

We had plans to go cliff jumping with my family in Whitney, TX. However, Jason and I had never driven there alone before and never from Mineral Wells. Yep, you guessed it. We got lost. We drove all the way to Whitney(about 1 1/2 hours), drove around for around an hour, finally deciding to just go home. Because they didn't have reception down by the lake, we couldn't get hold of my family who were already there. I even called my brothers who live out of state for directions, but couldn't get hold of Jim and Kyle didn't know street names(all the streets pretty much look the same). When we got home we filled our 3-ring pool for the girls and put together our newly purchased charcoal grill for Memorial Day grilling. We got a Red box movie and enjoyed a quiet(as quiet as can be with 3 small children) evening at home. We are sad to have missed the outing with my family, but made the most of our bank holiday.

Oh to be a kid again and make anything fun!




Now we are counting down the days to San Antonio! Only 2 weeks left.

2 comments:

Cassie and Mark said...

Looks like the girls had lots of fun! I love the top picture of Jessica! The light hits her cute face beautifully!

Jenny and Travis said...

Glad you guys still had a fun holiday! --Jenny