Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Chocolate Pretzels


One of the many incentives to going 'stinky' on the potty was to make chocolate covered pretzels. She has not had potty problems in a long time, but still requests the rewards. We are slowly weening her off of most of them, but I think the one that will stay is the pretzels. You see, we all love them, but the best part is when we are making them. I think there is very little in Cailyn's world that excite her as much as making, and eating, the pretzels. We have so much fun. She is in charge of putting the pretzels in the chocolate and when they are dry, putting them in the bowl. She has learned that when they are shiny they are still wet and we need to wait a little longer. She is so cute about it. Everytime we make them and she notices the first one is dry she turns to me and says (with the pretzel in hand) "I am just going to eat this one. Is that fine with you?" I absolutely love how she has picked up on my phrases. They sound so adorable coming from her in her cute little voice.

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your picture! It turned out BEAUTIFUL! You are really becoming quite the photographer!!! And I love your little story--it is so fun to have those special times with your kids.

On Our List said...

Your kids are adorable and I can relate to your pretzel story...Erika at 4 still ask for suckers when she goes to the potty. I found your site from Heather's. Doug and I just started one and we would love to hear from you. It is http://dougandsharonfaragher.blogspot.com/

Jenny and Travis said...

This post made me laugh so hard. My little neices say the cutest things!

Cassie and Mark said...

Those pretzels look delicious!!! Will you post the recipe please? How is Jason doing? He definitely is not one to whine about being sick. Even when he was sick with appendicitis he hardly complained! Please let us know how he (an all or you)is doing.

Moore Fun Stories said...

Those look so yummy!! It was great seeing you. I love reading about your cute little family.