Friday, February 15, 2008

My Valentine is perfect

I have to admit that Jason and I are so completely perfect for each other. Don't get me wrong, there are times when we don't agree, but we really do work well together. For example, we both agree that there really is no need for a Valentine tradition. I feel like the holiday is mostly commercial, so we don't really do much of anything traditional. I do agree that we should celebrate the love we have in our lives, not only the romantic love. The girls and I didn't really do anything special(Cailyn had a fever all day, and I had an extra baby). But, Jason had a special night planned(He is so sweet). He was going to go to the store on his way home from work, but knew that I would want to get out, so we went as a family. It was nice(I know, lame). One of my favorite things to eat is a steak. So, Jason picked out some choice meat and and the other things we needed, hit Blockbuster and went home. When we got home we fed the girls and put them down a little early. Jason prepared our romantic dinner. We talked(trying to avoid baby talk), recalling our past together. All in all, it was nice to be Jason and Mindi for a couple of hours, instead of Mommy and Daddy. It was refreshing. Thank you Jason for a beautiful evening, Happy Valentines Day! I love you!

1 comment:

Cassie and Mark said...

It sounds to me like you had a perfect Valentine's Day. We agree that it is a very commercialized holiday, but the purpose of celebrating love and romance is wonderful. I'm so glad you two got to have a nice dinner together.
P.S. I LOVE Cailyn's tag! It's nice to learn new things about her.