Thursday, April 9, 2009

Proceed with Caution

I just have to vent a little here. We had a Dr appt this afternoon. Jason is so great about leaving a little early from work to help with these. So, I am trying my hardest to get the kids ready, diaper bag ready, David fed, lunch made for Jason, and load the kids so we can leave on time. Jason called and said that he was leaving work to come home(different from originally planned because I was running late), so I thought I would turn the car on to get the air going(because it is already turning into Summer here--seriously it is 79 degrees in my house) only to find that the car won't start. Oh yay! I suddenly realized that we must not have shut one of the doors all the way and it drained the battery(that happens in Da's car-which we are borrowing while the AC is fixed in our van). So fun, now we get to unload all the kids that I worked so diligently to load up and switch them into the car that has NO A/C so we can drive to Weatherford for our Dr appointment which is supposed to start as we are pulling out of town. I am frustrated, Jason is frustrated and we are all uncomfortable because of the lack of cool air on us. We decided to call the doctor and tell them we are on the way, we had some complications. They then said we will reschedule you for tomorrow morning at 8:50, see you tomorrow. So, now I have to do this all again in the morning by myself. I can't tell you how excited I am for that.
I am wondering though, How many of you have had to wait more than 20 minutes past your doctor appointment and there are not supposed to be any questions asked, yet here I am calling to let them know and they are saying that is not acceptable(in so many words). I wonder if I would be able to say that to them the next time I have to wait for my appointment.
I know, this sounds like frustrations of a pregnant woman. BUT, I don't have that excuse anymore. Oh No, Maybe this is just my personality.

3 comments:

Sarah Rosales said...

Im so with you on the waiting for the doctor. My doctor gets upset when I give our son snacks while he's in the room, but you can't keep them occupied for an hour while you wait on the doctor.

Steven & Adrienne said...

That stinks that they wouldn't wait just a little bit for you guys. That's why I like to schedule the first appointment of the day, or the first right after lunch, then I don't ever have to wait on the doctor, it is super nice when you have all the kids with you. Good luck today, hope it goes a lot better.

Unknown said...

HOLY CROW I can relate! In fact, I give very specific feedback to my pediatrician when I have to wait long.

I think that they forget the hardships of getting to the office, particularly with a newborn. If they try to reschedule again like this time, don't be shy about painting for them the picture of how much trouble you have gone through to get to the doctor (no AC, getting Dad to come to help with the group). Hopefully, when you go for the rescheduled appointment, you'll all be in better moods because it will be cooler.