Monday, December 3, 2007

Children of God



Last night, we were going through our nightly routine of bedtime and I decided it was time to show Jason how smart our 3-year old was(really just one of her tricks). So I went to get 4 different types of coins, laid them out on the bed, and asked her which one was a quarter. She knew that one right away(the biggest), then the penny(it is a different color), the dime, and then asked her to name the last one(for those of you who need a little help-it was the nickel). She got them all correct-yay Cailyn!

Then Jason picked up the quarter and asked who the person was on the coin. Cailyn's answer "A Child of God". I try not to laugh at her when she says cute stuff like that(I remember getting very upset when adults laughed at me as a child), but I lost it. She was right of course, but it was hilarious. We tried to explain that George Washington was the first president of this country, then she said, "Gordon B. Hinkley". We decided that she is practicing all of her Primary answers to see if they really do work. Although they were absolutely adorable answers they both had some truth to them. George Washington is a child of God and Gordon B. Hinkley is a President, just not of this country.

I love the way children's minds work. I would never think to say some of the things they say. She makes me giggle and I need that(as all adults do). Again, thank you Cailyn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. You don't know me, but I'm a cousin of your sister-in-law Rachel. I was reading her blog about Kaden and the dishes and saw your question about "Kaden-proofing". Our Madison is just over two, and the general rule is that if it's within reach you should remove it, and if there is anything to stand on to get to something else you should remove the standing tool, too. I store small chairs and the step-stool in closets for this very reason, because she will get into everything possible :) Enjoy your Christmas!

chelsi and Sean said...

That is the cutest story ever! She's so smart!:) I miss you guys! I haven't even met my other neice yet!