Thursday, December 6, 2007

Sleep Button

For the past few nights Jessica hasn't been sleeping very well. I take that back. She sleeps well for 2-3 hours while we are still awake, but as soon as we go to sleep she starts to fuss and cry every hour. I have come to the conclusion that it is my "sleep button".

You see, every Mommy and Daddy come equipped with a "sleep button." This button alerts the child in the crib/cradle that he or she has gone to bed. The job of that child then is to start to cry enough to get them to get out of bed. If a little bit of fusses doesn't work, then wailing and holding of breath is a must.

Some "sleep buttons" are on the parents' bottom, but I know for a fact that mine is on the back of my head. This information has come to me because I am asleep within the first minute my head hits the pillow(a blessing I definitely take advantage of). So it was absolutely necessary for the button to be on the back of the head on my model.

Up until now, Jessica has not activated the "Sleep Buttons", but they are fully functioning now. Jason and I are in the process of deactivating our buttons. As soon as we figure it out, we plan to paton our work and the necessary steps and distribute it to parents around the world for a nominal fee. How much would you pay for a good nights rest? Of course the laws of supply and demand deam parents will pay out the wazoo for this information. Family and friends will, of course, receive a discount.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you find out! I'd love to know! Joey doesn't do that much, but he used to. I guess he just got over it. I really hope Jessica does soon, too. Good luck, I know it's tough!

Rachel Holloway said...

I do hope Jessica sleeps soon--it is SO tough to be up so much in the night. Can't wait for the invention--keep me posted!

Columbia Village Gropps said...

Very funny!Love the sleep button description.:) Oh, do I remember those nights! I feel for you.All I can say is what my mom and grandma would tell me, "This too shall pass".:)