Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Pure Bliss!

I just realized that it has been 14 days since my last blog. That is unacceptable! So much has gone one since then that I can't even remember enough to post it. What a shame.
I think that I will start with one memory from these past 2 weeks that should never be forgotten.
Jason, the girls and I went to Waco to visit my parents on the 15th of December. We went for the purpose of exchanging gifts(my parents were traveling to Idaho for Christmas and we needed to have Christmas with them early). When we were planning this, my parents told us that they had some massages planned that day, so we wouldn't have the entire day to celebrate. Some stuff happened and it turned out that they had an extra spot for me to get one also. I have never had a full body massage, but have always wanted one. So, Jason stayed with the girls while my parents and I went to receive a 90 minute massage.
The Austin School of Massage has a branch in Waco and the students have to get a certain number of hours of experience. My parents have had massages from them before and loved them, so I definitely wasn't going to pass up this opportunity.
The weirdest part of the entire thing was that everyone was in the same room. The women go in first and get ready(remove clothes to your level of comfort, then lie down on table face down with sheet over you), then the men come in and do the same thing. My mom reassured me that it was nothing strange, but I felt a tinge of uneasiness while all of this was going on. We get the massage(my student was female; I was more comfortable that way) and the same process backwards afterwards(the men get dressed and leave the room and then the ladies get dressed and leave).
During the massage they have the lights down low, turn on some tranquil music, and press all of the tension and stress out of your muscles. All I can say is WOW! It was definitely 90 minutes of Pure Bliss! The only bad part was when they told us it was over(with the exception of the getting dressed in a room full of strangers, of course). I would definitely do it again though.
Thank you Mom and Dad for sharing that with me!

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

Aren't massages soooooo wonderful?! Ahhhh.....whoever invented them is a genius! :) jk...Glad you got to enjoy yourself, even if just for 90 minutes!