Wednesday, December 12, 2007

We have a company come check our heating and cooling system 2 times a year and our winter visit was Monday. The guy was here for about 30 minutes when he told me we needed to replace our Air conditioner/heater. He used this really cool camera to show me there were parts falling apart on the system and he was getting traces of Carbon Monoxide coming through our vents(luckily Jason and I aren't bothered by the cold and we had only used the system twice all year). He looked at his records and found that our system was 22 years old. That is basically ancient for air conditioners. Well, I don't feel comfortable making decisions like that alone, so I called Jason and he made sure he was home early from work to talk to the salesperson. Over $9,000 later, we had an appointment for the workers to come install our new heating/cooling system. It is in and it works beautifully(however we are trying to figure out how to pay for it). But, the girls and I are very comfortable inside, while it is wet and cold outside.

Some of you might be thinking that it is not a necessity, but you would probably be the people who have never lived through a Texas summer. Winter, yes we could handle without it, but when Summer comes around, it is absolutely a necessity.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

May I just say that is a bummer! It kills me that certain repairs are the cost of a new car! :) We will let you know how much we ENJOY your heating system in a week when we come! :)

Cassie and Mark said...

My heart goes out to you! I'm sorry that this extra huge cost came at this time of year, but I am also glad that your heating/cooling system is safe and probably more efficient. Have a great holiday and enjoy your cozy home!