Sunday, December 30, 2007

Graduation


I can't believe it, Cailyn has graduated from Nursery today. She is officially a little girl and not a baby. Those of you who have been through this before know the feeling, and understand that there are no words to describe it.


"She is growing up" her mother said with a tear.


I almost want her to stay little, but I love seeing her personality develop(most of the time;).

Her day was actually quite difficult. She went to nursery just fine, just like every other Sunday, but during the last hour I heard her screaming out in the hall. I went out to check it out only to find Jason already taking care of the situation(naturally). The teacher told me that she had been hurt twice by 2 different kids. She didn't want to go back to nursery, so she came to Primary with me(they were coming in soon anyway for the graduation ceremony). However, she wanted to be held the entire time. That would have been alright except that our pianist didn't show up today and I had to play the piano and be chorister at the same time, while tending a fussy 3-year old. We survived.

You see, Cailyn did not sleep on the way to church today, which she needed, but being hurt triggered her fuss. She could not get happy the rest of the time. So, we had to get pictures later of our little girl in her cap. They also received a certificate when they walked up front to stand in line with all the other graduates. If I hadn't been so frustrated with the situation, I probably would have cried(no big surprises for those of you who know me well--I am a cry baby).
We finally got the cap to fit right. Kids are so funny, I love them. Congratulations Cailyn and welcome to Primary!
We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, she looks adorable!! Hannah has another year in nursery! Joey will be joining her in 2 weeks, though, I'm hoping she will help him...who knows, though.
Sorry you had a rough day, but I'm glad you got through it. I will be calling you soon with Hannah's b-day party info! Hope y'all can come!

Julie Gropp said...

That is such a cute idea. Maybe we will do that next year in our primary. We only have one child moving up this year (the bishop's son). Where did they get the little hats?