Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mineral Wells Branch

After 10,920 miles of traveling for church over the course of last year, the Weatherford Stake FINALLY announced the creation of a Mineral Wells Branch.

If you have never experienced something like this, it is very interesting. The Stake President stood in Sacrament meeting and released literally EVERYONE in the Weatherford Ward, then called a new Bishopric and the new Branch Presidency(and the Executive Secretaries). Then off we go, to start a new ward/branch.

As Executive Secretary of our new Branch, Jason has been very busy helping the new Presidency put together an entire Branch in 2 weeks. We have been very fortunate to have this happen the week before Conference to give us an additional week for preparations. The building we will be meeting in is small, BUT it is only about 5 minutes from our house. WAHOO! As Jason was preparing for a Presidency meeting, we had to carefully think about what callings were absolutely necessary for Church to flow. I have never experienced a new Branch/Ward so it will be very interesting to see it all fall into place. Not to mention the missionary opportunities we will have again. How exciting!

Needless to say, we are ecstatic about going to church in our own town. It has been almost 5 full years since we have been able to say that. It is funny how you take it for granted until you don't have it anymore.

I am so elated I can hardly wipe the smile off my face.

7 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Mindi! SO happy for this BIG change in your lives! What a blessing it will be!!!

I can't wait to hear about your calling--I heard there was a spot in the quorum of the twelve...

Jenny and Travis said...

I'm so happy for you guys and your new ward. It IS such a blessing to have your church so close. (I have been spoiled my whole life with this blessing, but know that things might change when we move for Travis' further schooling.) I wanted to congratulate Cailyn on memorizing the second article of faith too. Sooo cute and impressive! You go girl!

On Our List said...

How exciting!!! I loved growing up in my branch. There were challenges but the families were so close it made it worth it. Now you can sleep in a little longer on Sunday because you won't have to drive so far to church which is always a blessing. I love extra sleep.

Love ya,
Sharon

jmholloway said...

We will actually have to get up earlier, because church will start at 9:00 now, instead of 11:30. But again, it is totally worth it. Church will only be a 3 hour adventure instead of 5 or 6 hours.

Steven & Adrienne said...

How great is that! You get to be close to the church and get a new calling! I think living here in Provo I take it for granted that people have to travel so far to go to church...because we have a church everywhere you look. HAve fun with your new Branch!

David and Anita Holloway said...

You are in for some wonderful experiences as well as some big challenges. Expect the adversary to challenge you in every way, but understand that as you endure the challenges before you, you will see the church grow along with your testimony.

The Four of Us said...

Well I guess I am happy for YOU if you are elated. But I am not. I am really sad. I feel like I have been seperated from some great friends. I know it will be better on yall for travel. I was just so shocked last Sunday. I am totally jealous that yall get to go to church at 9am! That would be so much better for the girls.