Thursday, April 24, 2008

More from Vacation (Post #100)

After camping we headed back to Waco to relax and visit with my parents and grandmother. Friday night we took my parents to eat at a steakhouse called Logan's for my Dad birthday. We had never been there, but we loved it. We had the servers wish my Dad a Happy Birthday. His birthday was actually this Tuesday, April 22. He turned a whoppin' 60 years old. It was fun! After dinner, my parents took the girls back to their house and Jason and I went to the dollar show. We had been wanting to see 'The Bucket List' (but you know how hard it is to get to the show when you have little ones). We loved it. I am not a huge Jack Nicholson fan, but I could tolerate him in this one. Of course I cried through almost the entire film, but it was refreshing(please tell me there are others who feel refreshed after a good cry!). Thanks Mom and Dad for helping us get to the show!
Saturday we headed over to the Mayborn Museum. It is awesome. They have a display of a cast of the Mammoth bones found in Waco. You stand on a glass floor and look down at it while they show a little video of their theories of how they died. They have Native American homes typical of the area, and of course the animals you could see also.
Then there is the Children's Museum. It is really cool. They have an animal room, bug room, bubble/water room, weather room, hieroglyphics room, heart room, eye/vision room, music/sound room(with a large piano you walk on the play--like on the movie 'Big'), dress-up room with cars and houses with gardens/ grocery store, school, fire station, etc. etc. etc. Cailyn was having so much fun. When we got to the Children's Museum they announced a puppet show was about to start. It was the story of the 3 pigs. Cailyn didn't quite make it to the end, but pretty close. Then about 20 minutes later they got a rabbit out and did a little presentation and let all the kids pet it. It was cool. When we got in the van to leave we realized that we had been at the museum for 4 hours. I guess it was fun!
I am sure you are all thinking, "OK. Where are all the great pictures?" Well, as it seems to be all the coolest stuff happens when you forget the camera. So, if you are looking to have a great time, leave the camera at home. If you just want good pictures and a mediocre time, be sure to grab the camera on the way out. jk Next time we head to Waco we will be sure to go to the Museum with camera in hand. Sorry!

3 comments:

landstromline said...

Hello! No pictures, that is okay... it leaves our imaginations running wild. We miss you! and Love you! Sheryl

Steven & Adrienne said...

How fun to be able to go to that museum. I will have to take the kids there next time we are down there. And tell your dad Happy late Birthday!!!

Cool pics of the storm, I forgot what it looks like when a storm blows in with tornado warnings...it really is scary!

Cassie and Mark said...

I'm glad you got to have enjoyable weekend! It's so nice to have family time and also have date night alone. I love doing Megan's hair every morning and no matter how many times I tell her that the hair band package says they are "ouchless" she still cries when I do her hair. I try to do it when she's eating breakfast, or I give her a comb of her own so she's occupied with something else.