Thursday, April 24, 2008

Texas Spring

We recieved reports that another hail storm(and possible tornado) was heading our way last night. Jason's boss let everyone go home early because of it. So, we prepared the only closet that is tornado approved, and Jason took the camera out to take pictures of the incoming storm(of course--they are pretty though). He was literally outside for 5 minutes and the pictures he shot are proof that these storms come in quick.
Have you seen the movie 'Twister'? The sky is pretty green here. Scary!
I think the rain caught in this shot is cool.

I forgot to say that the last storm shut down Walmart. They were closed for 5 days. The baseball size hail knocked out all of their skylights and ruined everything in the store but the stuff in the freezers. Can you imagine having to replace the entire inventory of a Super Walmart. THAT is expensive. Wow!

3 comments:

On Our List said...

That is scary!!! The sky is green. Thanks for reminding me about Twister... I love that movie. Were you with me and Age when we went with Kyle to see it? I know there was someone else there but I can't remember if it was you or Shelly? I am glad you guys are okay. Tornadoes scare me.

Love,
Sharon

Rachel Holloway said...

That was one insane storm--well, 2 now, really! :)

Glad I'm far, far away with nice weather right now!!

Cassie and Mark said...

Those pictures are awesome! Very scary though. When we lived in SD we frequently had tornado watches because of the high winds, but the sky never got that dark.