Saturday, April 26, 2008

WANTED: More hairspray, please!

From "Time After Time" by Cindy Lauper to "Take on Me" by A-ha to "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi we are looking for the BEST of the 80's. Leave us your comments with your FAVORITE 80's bands and songs. Include as many as you can think of (so long as they're good), and get your friends opinions as well. When we have several ideas we'll post the results--and maybe even make a CD or two. In the meantime, break out the hairspray and spandex and bring back the 80's!


Well, maybe not. But lets talk about the music anyway.

6 comments:

Jenny and Travis said...

First of all, why did 80's clothes EVER come back? That will always be a mystery to me (as to why it wasn't left in the past). Travis' suggestion is "I remember you" by Skid Row. I'm a fan of anything Michael Jackson, "Tainted Love," "Come on Eileen," "Sweet Dreams," and anything Ace of Bace (forgive me if any of these are early 90's). We'll get back to you with more...

Julie Gropp said...

I liked Poison & Def Leppard growing up. My sister liked Flock of Seagulls, Depeche Mode and Tears for Fears.

Jenny and Travis said...

Can't leave out Van Halen or Journey.

kenjo said...

let's see... where to start... so many great 80's songs. :D "can't live without your love and affection" by Nelson, "sharp dressed man" by ZZ Top, "Send me an angel" and "here I am (Rock me like a hurricane)" both by Scorpions, pretty much anything written by billy joel in the 80's, "carry on my wayward son" by Kansas... I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Steven & Adrienne said...

Oh you must include Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, Paula Abdul, New Kids on the Block, Air Supply, Chicago, Guns & Roses. Those are a few I thought of...I will have to ask my hubby and see what he comes up with.

Ator said...

It's all about the 80's. Woot! Well, as kenjo so elequintly put it, "so many great 80's songs". One of the best is "life is a highway" by Tom Cochrane. Then "word up" by Cameo and "kyrie" or "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister. "The Final countdown" and "We built this city" are crazy awesome. Basically anything by Genesis/Phil Collins. Can't have 80's without Weird Al, that would be a disaster. Now I gotta go listen to some of this goodness :)