Wednesday, April 9, 2008



Our sweet Jessica, what can I say. She is, what is the phrase? Oh yeah, a "bottomless pit." She eats all of her dinner and anxiously awaits the inevitable moment when Cailyn refuses to finish hers and then Jessie gets that too. I think that if she had the coordination to do so, she would lick off her tray after each meal. She has always been an excellent eater, which explains why she is bigger than Cailyn was at this age. I will say that she moves constantly now.
We were so excited for her to start crawling and I forgot all the stuff that goes with it. You know, the sitting up in bed without knowing how to lie back down, the wiggling and turning over during diaper changes, and following people into another room just to find out that they are ready to leave again. We are still adjusting to Jessie's new skills, but are very glad that she can move so much with all the food she eats.
Sometimes it is weird to look at our lives and see 2 children. We wonder where the time went, but we wouldn't trade it for all the worldly possessions that many hold so dear to their hearts. Children truly do bring JOY into our lives. I just wish that there was some way to tell people that who don't have children of their own, but they just wouldn't understand until they have them.
This poor little Angel gets so smothered by me all day long that by the time Jason gets home she is ready for some "sfathering".

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That was so sweet---but what really got me was your SFATHERING! HA! That was HILARIOUS! :)

Isn't it funny how we are always looking to the next stage? I remember wanting Jenna to talk SO badly. And while I AM glad she does now, I wish I could take back wanting it so bad when she is screaming NO to me! :)

Steven & Adrienne said...

Cute pictures. I have one of those bottomless pits, it's my Ben. He trys to climb all over the table and eat everyone's food. It is funny. Hey congrats on your new calling, I just noticed it on the sidebar! Summer ice cream/sno cone parties are always fun (We always do it at our Bishops house in the summer, and if you google lds activities, I bet you will find a ton of ideas! Good luck in it you will do great!

-Adrienne