Monday, May 3, 2010

A Tribute to the Mothers in My Life: Part 1

Stop waiting to be happy--
Until your car or home is paid off
Until you get a new car or home
Until your new job comes along
Until your kids leave the house
Until you go back to school
Until you finish school
Until you lose 10 lbs
Until you gain 10 lbs
Until you get married
Until you get divorced
Until you have kids
Until you retire
Until summer
Until spring
Until winter
Until fall
Until you die
Anonymous

I dedicate this poem to a beautiful mother in my life, my Aunt Dinah. She is such a fun person. She doesn't wait to be happy or have fun, she enjoys life now. She has a remarkable ability to see the good and positive aspects of every situation. I love her example of experiencing joy along the path of life. Thank you Aunt Dinah for your love, your friendship, and most of all for being a good mother(which includes to me). Happy Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

smoore said...

I loved this. She really is an awesome woman and mother and I know she learned it from your mom :)