Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Tribute to the Mothers in My Life: Part 6

Let your first business be to perform your duties at home. But
inasmuch as you are wise stewards. . . you will find that your capacity will
increase, and you will be astonished at what you can
accomplish.
--Eliza R. Snow

I honor my paternal grandmother, Grandma Gropp, with this quote. When I think of her life and what she did and accomplished, I am honestly astonished. I grow weary. It seems that she has been doing hard labor since she was a little girl and I don't remember her ever stopping. After only being married for a short while her husband was hurt in a bad accident leaving him paralyzed from the waist down. She never tired of caring for him, which she did until his passing in May of 2004; a relfection of her love for him. Grandma only slowed down when her body wouldn't allow her to do it anymore. I am grateful that she knew how to work and taught that to her children(and all who knew her). She loved her beautiful/yummy garden, a clean house, and something to keep her busy. She was constantly going or doing. She was not always the most affectionate person; she was known for her hard work. What I see is that she loved deeply and cared unceasingly. She always wanted to help in some way. I have many fond memories visiting with her and wish I could now. I love you Grandma. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Ariana said...

These are beautiful. I've been crying a little over them. You are blessed to have so many wonderful mothers in your life.