Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Tribute to the Mothers in My Life: Part 7

Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to
be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and
service next to the angels.
--Heber J. Grant


My final dedication goes to my mother, Becky Gropp(Meme). I love her dearly and am so honored to have had her as my mother. She always took care of those she loved. She made it a point to help others feel important and special. She never tired of mothering. Mom taught me many things that I strive to do daily. Some of the most important things she taught by example. For instance : daily prayers, daily scripture study, healing hugs, church attendance, magnifying callings, a happy marriage(not always easy, but happy), cleaning house, Temple attendance, sharing the Gospel, getting an education, family dinners, striving to better oneself, and the list could go on and on. I know that I am who I am today because of her influence and am grateful. I try each day to be as good of a mother as she was(is).
I would never give up those difficult last few weeks with her. I cherish those memories and that time. What a blessing it was to care for such a remarkable person. I love her and ache for her deeply. Happy Birthday and Mother's Day Mom. I miss you!

4 comments:

Julie Gropp said...

what a wonderful thing to do, these mothers posts. They were all so sweet. I hope you are having a good day today, enjoying your children and remembering Becky. She was truly a wonderful person. Happy Mothers Day!

Rachel Holloway said...

We love you Mindi...

Hope you had a great mother's day...we know your mom is SO PROUD of you and all you are doing!

David and Anita Holloway said...

I enjoy hearing your mom's voice on your answering machine. I know she misses you every bit as much as you are missing her and I know that you are both living life (on both sides of the veil) to its fullest until you can be together again.
We love you!

sleepynae said...

I know we need to get her voice off the voicemail, I can't seem to do it. I miss her dearly and long to hear her voice again. Thank you for keeping it on your phone. I love you! You are not only an exceptional mother, a wonderful sister but one of my best and dearest friends.