Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Tribute to the Mothers in My Life: Part 4

"The noblest calling in the world is motherhood. True motherhood is
the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions. She who
can paint a masterpiece, or who can write a book that will influence millions,
deserves the admiration and plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully
a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose immortal souls will
exert an influence throughout the ages long after paintings shall have faded,
and books and statues shall have decayed or have been destroyed, deserves the
highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God."

-David O. McKay

I share this quote in honor of my beautiful Mother-in-law, Anita "Lita" Holloway. The more I get to know her and her children the more I am impressed with the mother she is. From the first moment I met her(8 years ago) she has been nothing but sincere and loving. She is a wonderful example of Charity, the pure love of Christ.
I am truly blessed to have you as my Mother(in-law). It is wonderful to be able to confide in someone and know that I am not being judged, just loved. Thank you for raising Jason the way you did, teaching him the Gospel, and for your unconditional love. You are an amazing woman and I love you. Happy Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

David and Anita Holloway said...

Thank you for that wonderful quote, Mindi. I feel very, very honored to have you as a daughter-in-law and learn so much from you, especially how to handle adversity and challenges. I love you!
Lita