Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Tribute to the Mothers in My Life: Part 2

The Vow

How could I hide you from hate?
I would, though my arms break with the trying.

Life leans in at the window there
With its bag of dark treasures
Trying for your eyes
So utterly open, so unaware.

You will see men smile over blood
And you will know there is hate.
You may see bombs and butcheries
And you will know there is horror.

Against all this what can I do?
Only vow that before you leave my arms
You will know past ever doubting
That there is love, too.
Carol Lynn Pearson


I dedicate this poem to another beautiful mother in my life, My Aunt Kathy. Knowing and watching many of the struggles she has had with the evils in this world attacking her children and those she loves, I have been impressed with her ability to still see the beauty in life. She knows how to love and protect deeply. I admire this in her. Her strength and compassion. Thank you Aunt Kathy for everything you have done and do for me and my family. Many times you have stepped in and been my mother right when she would have if she had been here. I love you. Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: