Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Tribute to the Mothers in My Life: Part 3

Mother to Child

Look--
Your littel fist fits mine
Like the pit in a plum.

One day and one size
These two hands
Will clasp companionably.

Help me, child.
Forgive me when I fail you.
I'm your mother, true,
But in the end
Merely an older equal
Doing her faltering best
For a dear, small friend.
Carol Lynn Pearson

I dedicate this poem to my beautiful Aunt Tricia. Over the years of raising 7 children she has supported and struggled(as most do). Now I see a strong, loving, and ever serving mother/Nana. I grow tired just thinking of everything she does for her children, grandchildren and husband. She is a wonderful example of someone who puts others before herself.
I cannot begin to think of how hard it would have been for me(not to mention Memema) through those years(and final months) of Mom's life. You are a beautiful, talented, and compassionate daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves you and is proud of you. Thank you for your continual mothering and your friendship. I love you. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment: