Saturday, October 11, 2008

Drama Queen

This past Tuesday just before bedtime, the kids were wrestling on the floor. Keaton and Becca started a pile and Cailyn came running to add to it. The problem was that she jumped too hard and overshot a bit. She twisted her arm somehow and it got hurt. She was crying hysterically not letting anyone touch it. Lynnae, being a nurse, was the first to be called. She works at a hospital in Bryan, the closest medical attention, and I thought if she hadn't left for home yet and we needed to go there, she could just stay and we would meet her there. She had me check a few things and told me what to look for and feel for. Everything seemed to be alright(except for the fact that Cailyn was still screaming), so Lynnae headed for home. I tried to put ice on Cailyn, but she refused, so she just laid on the bed while Becca comforted her. When Lynnae got home we called her pediatrician and left a message, then called her home teacher for a blessing. Cailyn and I discussed what a blessing meant(you know reminding her that the men giving the blessing were just like Heavenly Father and Jesus giving it to her and we know that Jesus can heal people) and we were ready. The doctor called back and told us to do a little twist of her arm and listen for a snap. Cailyn hated this, but as soon as she was done(no snap by the way) Cailyn could move it without pain. The Priesthood showed up and gave a blessing. Then all of a sudden Cailyn was healed. She kept telling me that Jesus healed her. I absolutely love the Faith of a child. If only we could learn as easily and trust as easily the love and power of the Savior, with or without all the 'drama.'

3 comments:

Lacy said...

Children are great teachers. Sweet girl. I have a little drama queen too.

Rachel Holloway said...

HOW FUNNY!! Those girls! I swear. Glad she is okay, my miraculous healing. :)

Jenny and Travis said...

I'm glad Cailyn's ok. I've always been so grateful for the times that I've been able to recieve or been in the room when someone else has recieved a priesthood blessing. Such power. I'm glad Cailyn had that experience (even though I'm not glad she was hurt). --Jenny